Photos Magiques DLP news report: 09-11 July 2010

Started by Kristof, July 13, 2010, 06:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

We were at Disneyland Paris past weekend.  Here's our news round-up in photos!  :D

Disneyland Park

Main Street Station

The statues of Tiana and Rémy have been moved closer to the other ones.  

A Captain EO attraction poster was added under the station.

Town Square Photography and Disney Clothiers refurbishment

A look at the refurbished façades of both shops.

Working effects

The smoke effect coming out of the tipi was working.

The water splash on Big Thunder Mountain was working quite well!  (The waterfall on top of the lifthill worked too!)

The dove/rose window was working inside Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant.

Pocahontas Indian Village

The arch over the entrance of Pocahontas Indian Village has been removed.  The attraction logo was placed on a tree next to the playground.

Rivers of the [strike:2jnve9qb]Far West[/strike:2jnve9qb] Bad Show

The emergency escape platform incase the BTM tunnel floods is still plain in sight.

The Wilderness Island waterfall was not working.

Molly Brown [strike:2jnve9qb]demolished[/strike:2jnve9qb] in refurb.

The moose family was not working.

No comment...

Dumbo The Flying Elephant

The attraction looked brand new with all effects working.

Auberge de Cendrillon

The left side of the building looks great!

Adventureland entrance in need of a refurb

The entrance to Adventureland from Fantasyland needs some serious work.  Large chunks of fake wood came off a couple of months ago and hasn't been fixed since.

Disney Fantillusion Parade

Tinker Bell took over the old characters float (who're now walking in between the floats).

Free drinks!

When purchasing at selected shops, a free drink is offered in one of the Disneyland Park counter service restaurants!

Walt Disney Studios Park

Disney Studio 1 façade

Plasma screens at Restaurant En Coulisse

The menu's at Restaurant En Coulisse have been replaced by plasma screens.

Toy Story Playland

A new street sign has been placed near the Studio Tram Tour station pointing to Toon Studio, Tram Tour and Toy Story Playland.

Seen from Studio Tram Tour (audio nor video was working on the trams...)

Return of the Toon Studio merchandise kiosk.

Refurb please!

The Armageddon Les Effets Speciaux sign is in need of a refurbishment...

FIre 101 at Moteurs...Action!

The fire effect through which the villain usually slides and sets him into flames was down on Saturday, resulting on the stuntman walking on stage already lit up...

Disney Village

Café Mickey

A Mickey Mouse topiary has finally been placed in the "new" planter next to the building.

Disney Hotels

Disney's Newport Bay Club façade
Newport Bay Club fans will be pleased to see the façade of the hotel has been cleaned up.  The part on the right was being worked on on Friday.

Random photos

To conclude some random photos from Disneyland Park.

Oh and check this out... According to Disneyland Paris, LEGO Star Wars is build in The Republic... :twisted:

-breeno-

Great update Kristof, stunning photos too I must add.

It's so sad when you see the likes of Town Square Photography and Dumbo looking great after their refurb, then you look at Armageddon and Frontierland.  It's disgraceful they've managed to get so bad, Armageddon (and Frontierland, probably) have been screaming for attention since this time last year!  Will we ever see those geysers working again?

The new street lamp in TSPL is a good idea, things are getting more busy in Toon Studio, and as for the Star Wars toys, pretty epic 8)  :mrgreen:  I wonder if it was deliberate?
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

norhel

Just love the Studio 1 without the scaffolding. And also the Mickey plant :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

PeterPaan

Great update, thank you so much!!!  :thumbs:

stacey-claire

Those pics are really amazing, gets me all excited about going back, thanks kristof xx :belle:
To see fairies, you have to belive in fairies

Santa Fe- March 2010
Cheyenne- December 2010
Next trip- July 2012 (wish we could go sooner)

Reiana

Wow. Great pictures!

tubbsy

Fantastic pictures :D and great update. thank you. Cant wait to see for myself :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Anthony

Oh boy. A lot of great stuff happening. The refurbished things look better than I've ever seen them.

Amazing after 8-9 years to finally see one of those signposts in the studios updated.

En Coulisse - I guess the video screen menus mean the prices can now be increased by the second through each day...? €11.99 ... €12.00 ... €12.01 ;-) They seem complicated though, hard to read, and only in French, right? I thought they were testing simpler menus recently? It doesn't make it simpler if you have to say "Menu 1" but then specify every part of the meal (Fries or salad, etc). Personally I wish they'd focus on getting the main food items right - good portions, good ingredients, proper meals, maybe even something more interesting than a burger - rather than adding cheap yoghurts and all that on.

I've always hated those rafts on the river, but kind of thought they were just something we had to "put up with". Then again WDI should be able to come up with a better alternative if they're allowed. Even just a themed (Tom Sawyerish) replacement.

The Pocahontas sign looks good there, it opens up the area. Molly Brown - she wasn't fixed properly in 2007 then? Good to see (probably) so much money being spent on doing it right, eventually. :-)

Thanks!

littlemermaid83

I cant believe how beautiful Dumbo is looking wow.

Some beautiful photos from the park. Thanks for sharing.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Soap

+1 for the last photo!  :thumbs:
Great update my friend, as always great quality!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Disneydavid

nice tripreport :D!

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

davewasbaloo

Main Street and Dumbo are looking great. Now if they could only complete the refurb on the Tea Cups. And then after the castle, move on to the Jolly Roger Pirate Ship
since 2001 (many before that)

Soap

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Main Street and Dumbo are looking great. Now if they could only complete the refurb on the Tea Cups. And then after the castle, move on to the Jolly Roger Pirate Ship
Amen brother!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Adam

Molly Brown's refurb is rather extensive!

Not sure about the new plasmas - they will get screen burn so easily with the hours that they will be on and will be useless within a short amount of time. The light boxes and changeable sheets are much easier and cheaper.

pussinboots

^^They have plasmas for everything everywhere nowadays. Departure boards at airports are on 24 hours a day. A little screen burn doesn't render them useless.

I'm glad about the refurbishments, and Toy Story Playland's general look seems pleasing, but that picture of the parachutes ride is depressing. Cheap, ugly, overlarge. I hope bamboo grows very tall...

And the Molly Brown probably needs a refurbishment that thorough. One only has to look at the Mark Twain in Disneyland, which is 37 years older but in perfect condition, to realize how bad the decay is on the Paris riverboats... Can't wait to see the end result.